Don't miss one of Dr. Blount's most requested and respected seminars.
As Veterinarians... we often wish we had more to offer our patients concerning
cancer, and especially when their owners, for whatever reason, are not able to take advantage of available referral
The Answer... join us in Lufkin, TX October 24th & 25th, 2015, for a
weekend of "Practical Oncology." Come learn "practical" knowledge you can put to use immediately in your clinic starting on
the following Monday.
We'll cover the most important Oncology topics including the
- cancers most commonly seen in small animal practice
- diagnosis and treatment in the trenches
- what we hope to gain for our patients and their owners by referring to a specialist
- the many "how to" applications of chemotherapy
- adjustments to the chemo plan, when things do not go as planned
- rescue therapy
- Plus you'll experience our newly added Dry Lab presented by Oncura, which will give you individual hands on
experience in performing fine needle aspirations and biopsies.
Your registration fee includes a continental breakfast and hot lunch provided
each day at no charge, plus a Proceedings containing the following:
- copies of all PowerPoint slides
- copies of client handouts
- copies of in-clinic forms (chemo dose calculators, chemo estimate form, etc.)
- handy reference charts for fluid analysis, chemo protocols, cytology algorithm, diagnosis
and treatment of hypercalcemia
- special laboratory submission forms
- access to download the proceedings in .pdf format after the seminar
- plus sponsor information and offers
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Wendy Blount
As a companion animal veterinarian based in Nacogdoches, Texas, Dr. Wendy Blount treats dogs and cats only.
She is Residency trained in Small Animal Internal Medicine. Dr. Blount conducts Continuing Education Seminars for small animal
veterinarians, veterinary technicians and animal control officers. As well, Dr. Blount is on faculty at Duquesne University, and
serves as Medical Director for O'Malley PET (Preventing Euthanasia Together).
Dr. Blount has been the recipient of several prestigious awards including 2012 TVMA Companion Animal Practitioner of the
Year, the 2011 Bilderback Award for support of the animal sheltering community and the 2004 TAVP Clinical Referral and Consultation
The following comments are similar to those most
have about Dr. Blount's "Practical" Seminars:
As impressive as Dr. Blount is on the Texas Vet's List,
she is more impressive in person.
Ray Allen, DVM - Alpine, TX
I really enjoyed Dr Blount's seminar this weekend. It
contained so much practical information that I can go back to the clinic and use immediately.
Sharon Phillips, DVM - Tyler, TX
I learned a lot from the recent seminar. Dr. Blount has a wealth of
knowledge and experience and passes it on very well to the Attendees.
Thillai Koothan, DVM - Houston, TX
Dr. Blount's seminar was wonderfully put together and
the information was very practical and a great course for me. I hope you do more Seminars in the
future as they are valuable resources for veterinarians.
Bradley Clary, DVM - Lufkin, TX
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
$400 "OnSite" Registration ($200 per day) available October 13
through October 25, 2015
Contact Russ at the von Allmen Agency
: (936) 564-7792 - e-mail