Endocrinology is another of the popular subjects in Dr. Blount's "Practical" Seminar
Series. In the "Practical" Endocrinology Seminar you'll gather a wealth of information you can put to use
immediately in your clinic, plus satisfy your total requirement of 17 CE Hours for 2017.
This Seminar will cover the Endocrinology topics most commonly seen in small animal practice such as
Addison's Disease, Cushing's Syndrome, Diabetes Mellitus and Insipidus, Thyroid and Calcium disorders,
Growth Hormone disorders, and Insulinoma. As these hormonal diseases present numerous health
care challenges, we'll focus on diagnosis and treatment in the trenches. For example, you'll get answers
to the following questions and many more:
Dr. Blount's "Practical" Seminars score high with Attendees:
- Is ACTH stim or Low Dose Dex better for diagnosing Hyperadrenocorticism? Endogenous ACTH?
Baseline Cortisol? Urine cortisol:creatinine?
- How do you diagnose and treat Hypercalcemia? When is it clinically significant?
- When is it safe and appropriate to do a water deprivation test?
- Can Hypothyroidism problems as extreme as paralysis, heart disease and aggressive behavior?
- What is the best way to treat the Hyperthyroid cat?
- Which insulin is best for dogs and cats? How do you keep the Diabetic Ketoacidotic patient
alive long enough for the insulin to work?
- Is treating Cushings Disease a productive exercise? What is the best treatment?
After each seminar attendees are asked to anonymously answer
survey questions with a score of 1-10.|
Below are a few survey questions and their over 3 year averaged
scores, followed by reviews:
Was the seminar information presented in a clear and easy to understand manner?
Score - 9.5
Would you recommend this seminar to other colleagues? Score - 9.7
How would you rate the increase of your subject knowledge due to this seminar?
Score - 9.1
Did this seminar provide "practical" information you can really put to use?
Score - 9.4
Dr. Blount is impressive on the Texas Vet's List,
but even more impressive in person.
Ray Allen, DVM - Alpine, TX
Dr. Blount's seminar was a great course, wonderfully put
together with very practical
information. I hope you do more Seminars in the
future as they are valuable resources
Bradley Clary, DVM - Lufkin, TX
I learned a lot from this seminar. Dr. Blount has a wealth of
knowledge and experience
and passes it on very well to the Attendees.
Thillai Koothan, DVM - Houston, TX
Your registration fee includes a Proceedings which will contain:
- copies of all PowerPoint slides
- copies of client handouts on endocrine diseases and the drugs used to treat them
- handy reference charts for diagnosing and treating hyperadrenocorticism, hypercalcemia, etc.
- access to download the proceedings in .pdf format after the seminar
- plus a continental breakfast and hot lunch provided each day at no charge
(Please note: All Attendees will recieve their Proceedings in a Flash Drive format.
"Early Bird" and "Standard Registrations" may choose to have an additional Flash Drive Proceedings for an
additional $25.00. They may also choose to have a Proceedings in a printed book format as well
for an additional $75.00. The printed book option is not available to "Onsite Registrations".)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
$375 "Standard" Registration ($187.50 per day) available May 14
through May 27, 2017
$425 "OnSite" Registration ($212.50 per day) available May 28
through June 4, 2017
Questions??? Contact Russ at the von Allmen Agency
phone: (936) 564-7792 - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seminar approved by ETVMA
James M. Morton, DVM - President
17 Hour Units for Veterinary CE in Texas
: Other states may be added on request
with sufficient notice)
Seminar presented by: